Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Occasions Mini is available for ordering!

The new Occasions mini catalog is available for ordering! There are some fabulous new products in this catalog. Click on the catalog cover on the left sidebar to access a PDF version of the catalog. Shoot me an email if you would like a physical copy.

Tomorrow I will be posting a list of my top 10 favorite products from the new catalog but today I have a card for your enjoyment.

I made this card for a demonstrator card swap. I hope the other swappers like it. I can't wait to see the beautiful samples I get from the other gals!


This card uses several new products from the Occasions mini catalog. Read on for the details.

Stamping Vogue Tips:
  • The new Paper Doily Sizzlit Die cuts a perfect doily in any color you want. Imagine the possibilities in Designer Series Paper as well.
    • To get the best results with this die, I had to add a shim to my cutting "sandwich". Since it was handy, I just used a paper napkin from my kitchen table. Experiment to see if a shim is needed with your machine. 
    • I also used a tip that I saw online regarding these detailed dies. I covered the surface of the die with clear packing tape and then ran it through the Big Shot. This keeps the paper from sticking to the die in the detailed cut-out areas.
  • Next I used the new Framelit dies to cut the two different sizes of hearts. The Hearts Collection includes 6 nested hearts. Each size fits neatly within the next so you can cut a focal point heart and then cut the next larger heart to serve as a mat. Of course, the dies coordinate with stamp sets in the catalog!
    • When using these dies with a stamped image, you should stamp your image first, then place the die over the stamped image and run it through the Big Shot.
  • Notice the embossed hearts under the ribbon? These hearts were created by the new Adorning Accents Embossing folders. These embossing folders are just the right size for a neat border.
  • Last but not least is a new stamp set - P.S. I Love You.  This stamp set has beautiful images and sentiments perfect for creating Valentine's Day cards for all your loved ones.

Supplies:
  • Stamp Set - P.S. I Love You (W 125460, C 125462)
  • Ink - Cherry Cobbler (119669)
  • Card Stock - Cherry Cobbler (119685), Whisper White (100730)
  • Tools - Paper Doily Sizzlits Die (125592), Adorning Accents Embossing Folders (125601), Hearts Collection Framelits Dies (125599), Modern Label punch (119849), Word Window punch (119857), Vintage Wallpaper Embossing folder (120175)
  •  Accessories - Whisper White 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon (109070)

Keep on stamping!
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment