Thursday, January 5, 2012

My Top 10 Favorites from the Occasions Mini

There are so many great new products in this new catalog! It was difficult to narrow it down to my Top 10.

Here are my favorites (in no particular order):




Framelits Dies

New thin dies that come in a set with multiple, nested sizes so you can cut out your stamped image and a perfectly sized mat as well. The Hearts Collection coordinates with the Take It to Heart stamp set as well as P.S. I love you. The Labels Collection coordinates with the Apothecary Art stamp set.



 
Apothecary Art
I am so in love with this stamp set. The beautiful label images are versatile - for birthdays, Mother's Day, and everyday use as well. The larger images contain a blank space for you to include a sentiment. Two sentiments are included in the set and you can use sentiment stamp sets from your stash as well. 



 

 Paper Doily Die

This intricate die is gorgeous and approx. 4-1/4" in diameter. It will really make a statement on your cards or other projects. See yesterday's post where I gave some tips for using this intricate die.

 


Twitterpated Designer Series Paper

Each and every design included in this package is lovely. I can see myself running though this paper quickly and ordering more. The color palette is fresh and spring-like: Pear Pizzazz, Basic Gray, Island Indigo, Riding Hood Red, Blushing Bride, Baja Breeze, and Whisper White.


Take It to Heart Stamp Set

This set contains 4 heart-shaped stamps that could be used for a variety of occasions. Each of the 3 larger hearts coordinates with the Hearts Collection of framelits. The smallest heart coordinates with the Full Heart punch. I am not a big fan of fussy-cutting so coordinating stamps and cutting tools are high on my list! This set also contains a banner image that will be very useful for sentiments or titles.



Large Basic Pearl Jewels

These pearls are a jumbo version of the pearls in the Idea Book and Catalog. The package contains 40 of these approx. 8mm jewels. As much as I love the original pearls, I know I will love using these larger ones.




Spring Fever Simply Scrappin' Kit
Use this kit to make quick and easy scrapbook pages for Easter or other spring-time events. The coordinating elements will make your pages come together quickly. The color palette includes: Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, and Basic Gray.



Loved Ones

This stamp set contains fun stamp images for each of your loved ones- Mom, Dad, Grandson, Granddaughter, etc. Pair these images with the Happy Birthday image included in the set and you can personalize birthday cards for each family member in a flash.

 



New Colors of Baker's Twine

I love that we have come out with additional colors of Baker's Twine. It is cost-effective and easy to use and now it is available in the 2011-2012 In Colors - Lucky Limeade, Wisteria Wonder, Calypso Coral, Pool Party, and Island Indigo.

Send Me Soaring

The thought of brightly-colored kites just makes me smile. This set contains six different kite stamps as well as 2 kite strings images, 3 sentiments, and 3 cloud images. I can just see the pretty new Baker's Twine colors as kite strings with these stamps. The kites could also be used to make pretty pinwheels on a card or scrapbook page. I am also thinking about an argyle background for Father's Day from these diamond-shaped stamps. Hmm... I will have to play around with that idea.

Baby Prints

This stamp set will help with the woeful lack of baby stamps in my personal inventory. The sweet hand and foot prints will make a cute card to welcome a new little one or a great scrapbook page to document the first few months.



I hope you have enjoyed my list of favorites. I'd love to hear which products are your favorites from the new catalog! Leave me a comment and let me know.




Keep on stamping!
Sue

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for Stampin Up club meeting to get to see some of these items in person. I like every one of the items on your list. I also think the Packed for Baby set is fab. http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=125672

    ReplyDelete